13 August 2014

71 Palm Brasserie, Bastille Day 2014, & Julia Child's Birthday!

Hi everyone--I'm super busy with work right now and just wanted to repost this-71 Palm is a great restaurant to be French for a day and celebrate Bastille Day (this Tuesday)-you'll be glad you did. Cheers gourmands!

It's an ordinary, unsuspecting Monday - July 14. I knew it was Bastille Day, but I had no idea what an amazing experience I was about to encounter...

Searching for a place to eat, and attempting to start the work week with a superb beginning - and secretly hoping  the French would be celebrating big, somewhere, somehow...I sauntered into the #71 Palm Restaurant in Ventura after work...to this delightful melody.

Accordion artist, #Howard Howe transports me to France  instantaneously -  no jet lag, no lost luggage, just through La Vie en Rose!





photo by Allison Kross akrossthetable.blogspot.comphoto by Allison Kross akrossthetable.blogspot.com

 Passport in hand, I was ready for whatever culinary adventure #Chef Didier has prepared!

photo by Allison Kross akrossthetable.blogspot.com

My first course: French Onion Soup Gratinee paired with a Rhone Vouvray! Other choices included: Spinach Salad with Creamy Mimosa Dressing or Homemade Country Pate with Cornichon. Looking forward to July 14, 2015...

photo by Allison Kross akrossthetable.blogspot.com

My second course: Steak Frites of course, rare just like I crave it! I might have selected a Grilled Salmon Bearnaise or Portobello Mushroom Ravioli Provencal - clearly any would have been perfectly delicious.


photo by Allison Kross akrossthetable.blogspot.com

My third course: Strawberry Napolean. Vive la France!

 Howard Howe playing La Marseillaise!

This week 71 Palm is celebrating Julia#Tribute to Julia Child Birthday Celebration!

Monday,  August 11th - Friday, August 15th
Lunch 11:30am – 2pm Dinner 5pm – 9pm
1st course: Chilled Leek & Potato Soup or Pissaladiere, Provencal Onion Tarte
2nd course: Beef Bourguignon, or Filet of Trout Meuniere, or Chicken Breast Ballottine
3rd course: Tarte Tatin or Floating Island
$38 per person 

 

 #71 North Palm Street, Ventura CA 93001

Bon Appetit

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment