02 August 2014

I was in fact, on my way to #Roblar Winery in Santa Ynez. And, in an effort to avoid the  northbound 101 traffic, which is a joke or a nightmare, depending on your perspective and which playlist you're blaring,  I set out early  Sunday morning.  Considering my breakfast options (I've made the mistake of wine tasting without food before), I decided it very wise of me to detour in Santa Barbara. 

I cruised State Street to consider my options - I'd hoped that the #Palace Grill was open, I absolutely love their food,  but no, not until lunch.  #Joe's Cafe is on my radar, I'm told by  #Chef Alberto Vasquez, aka, #Rock Chef Rolls, that I should absolutely go for lunch, order the French Dip, a stiff drink, and stumble about town! OK, I added the stumbling part, but it most certainly was implied.  However, I decided to save the latter experience for yet another day -  with a DD in tow.

So, I headed for the #Santa Barbara Public Market. What is very useful, and what I did not know prior to my arrival,  is that there is free underground parking for their customers. There isn't any signage just yet, so you have to hug the building and closely look for the entrance -  I'm told it's coming very soon.

Bring your appetite and be prepared to have an amazing culinary experience, at the #SB Public Market; it's all under one roof. There's a tasting room (beer & wine), fresh seafood, olive oil, bread, juice, coffee,  cupcakes, ice cream, and many scrumptious eateries that I can't wait to taste my way through! On this venture, I discovered #Flag Stone Pantry...with so many delicious take away dishes, just perfect for a wine country outing!

Flag Stone Pantry photo by allison kross @ akrossthetable.blogspot.com
Flag Stone Pantry at the Santa Barbara Public Market.
I had the pleasure to meet Chef and owner, Kristen Desmond. You absolutely want to, should, must try her food!


Mushroom & cheddar quiche photo by allison kross akrossthetable.blogspot.com
This mushroom & cheddar quiche is unequivocally the best quiche I have ever tasted! Each layer of flavor was perfectly seasoned and skillfully mastered!  The crust was buttery and flaky, the eggs were fresh and creamy, the mushrooms  -  earthy and  plump, all enrobed with a luxurious, velvety cheddar. #Chef Kristen Desmond has certainly outdone herself. I happen to have it on excellent authority that her mother-in-law is in complete agreement!











Cobb sandwich photo by allison kross @ akrosstheatable.blogspot.com
Just one of many delectable dishes to take with you on the wine trail - or stay a while, nestle into a cafe table and enjoy the hustle and bustle of the market. 



No comments:

Post a Comment